1. What information do we gather?
1.1 We gather information that relates to, and can identify you (e.g. your name and address) and information that does not identify you (e.g. a visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our website).
We collect information that does not identify you to evaluate our site, ensure that our site and services run properly and ensure we are paid for advertising services we offer.
We might also collect your IP address through the placement of cookies (see sections 6 and 7 on cookies and their management, below).
2. How do we gather information?
2.1 Information is gathered in two ways:
(1) indirectly; and
3. How do you decide how you want to hear from us?
3.1 We always explain why and how we might contact you at the point you give your information to us. We also provide the means for you to grant or withhold your permission for us to contact you We do this by using opt-out tick boxes. If the boxes aren’t there, it’s because we will not use your information for any other purpose than that for which you give it (e.g. to administer a subscription).
3.2 When responding to promotions, offers etc. by postcard, if you do not wish for your details to be used by us to send you promotions and offers, please make this clear by stating “No Offers”.
3.3 If you have signed up to receive marketing from us by text, to stop this, please reply STOP to the last message you received.
4. How we use your information
4.1 We might use your information to:
(1) remember you when you visit our website and track your browsing patterns by using cookies. You can prevent this; section 5 deals with this in more detail;
(2) place your anonymised information into audience segments to identify your interests so that we might serve you with advertisements and offers that will interest you
(3) ensure any products or services you receive are correctly administered (including subscriptions);
(4) contact you by email, mail, telephone or sms text message to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which, in some cases may be provided by third parties) but only according to the permissions you give us;
(5) ensure materials on the website or in apps are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device;
(6) collate and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
(7) assess and understand customer feedback and identify usage hotspots;
4.2 If you have subscribed to any of or services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you have told us otherwise.
5. Accessing and updating your personal information
5.1 You can update your details and marketing preferences by accessing your account pages on the website, by emailing us.
5.2 You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please send an email to us. There will be an administrative charge of £10 for providing a copy of this information.
6.2 We use the following types of cookie:
(1) Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and build up a profile of how our readers use the website. We might use that information to target advertisements to you on our and other websites.
(2) Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details; remember your settings preferences; and meter the number of pages you view for the purpose of administering subscriptions to www.eu2004.ie.
(3) Third party advertising and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on our site. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on our site. They are anonymous – they cannot identify individuals. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once. They might also allow the advertiser to tailor advertising to you when you visit other websites.
6.3 We have no access to third party cookies and third party organisations have no access to ours. The third party organisations that place cookies have their own strict privacy policies.
7. Managing your cookies preferences
7.1 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
1. What information do we gather?